Jared represents clients in real estate, water, corporate, and trusts and estates. Jared has significant experience representing companies, venture and family funds, financial institutions, real estate developers, water companies, special service districts, and individuals.
Jared began his career with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in San Diego, California representing Fortune 500 companies before Federal and California agencies with tax and acquisition issues. Jared then joined a boutique M&A company in San Diego, California representing private equity companies, venture capitalists, hedge funds, and family funds in their quests to acquire emerging and middle-stage companies. Also while in-house counsel, Jared assisted with the formation and multi-million dollar capital raise for two private equity funds in the real estate and oil & gas markets. The last several years in California, Jared represented banks and financial institutions with real estate loans, water agreements, workouts, foreclosures, and receiverships.
Prior to his partnership with PAMH, Jared was affiliated with Tesch Law Offices on Main Street Park City, former shareholder of Prince Yeates & Geldzahler, and law firm partner with his father, Duane W. Moss.
Jared is the current President of Mountainland Association of Government Revolving Loan Fund, and an affiliate member with the Park City Board of Realtors.
Outside the office, Jared enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, playing and coaching competitive soccer, and adventuring in the mountains of the Wasatch Back.
Real Estate & Water
- Assisted real estate development client secure a $10 million dollar construction loan for project in Park City, Utah.
- Negotiated and drafted seller-finance agreements in connection with $2 million dollar sale of family farm in Summit County, Utah.
- Reviewed and negotiated loan defeasance agreement in connection with $4 million dollar sale of industrial warehouse building in Salt Lake County, Utah.
- Assisted real estate client with land purchase and entitlement process in historic old town Park City, Utah.
- Negotiated and drafted water rights multi-million dollar purchase agreement for 2,000 acre feet of water.
- Successfully defended client against Environmental Protection Agency and Utah Division of Water Rights alleging claims of unlawful discharge, diversion and misappropriation of water in Wasatch County, Utah.
- Prepared Bylaws, easements, and transfer documents for water company with over 300 water users.
Corporate / Business Law
- Serve as general counsel for small and medium companies located in Summit, Wasatch and Salt Lake Counties.
- Drafted all documents and managed the process for successful merger of companies located in Summit County, Utah.
- Negotiated and drafted all documents for the asset sales of multi-office dental practice in Salt Lake County, Utah.
Estate / Probate
- Represented personal representative collect receivables of more than $750,000 owed to the decedent’s estate and negotiate creditor claims.
- Within one year of client engagement, negotiated and settled a 10-year dispute among trust beneficiaries.
- Assisted foreign client with estate planning for $5 million dollar real estate holdings in USA.
- Lead counsel for multi-year lawsuit in Summit County, Utah regarding construction defect, breach of duties by condo association, and nuisance issues.
- Successfully litigated and recovered 100% of invoices and attorneys’ fees for trucking services client.
- Achieved dismissal of all claims of theft, fraud, conspiracy, and tort claims against client alleged to have stolen company trade secrets.
Professional Admissions, Associations, and Honors
Licensed to practice in Utah and California
Admitted to practice in all District and State Courts of California and Utah
Outstanding Student of the Year in Law & Entrepreneurship - 2005
Operations Editor and Managing Board Member, Oregon Law Review - 2004-2005
Utah State Bar
Park City Bar
Wasatch County Bar
Acting President, Revolving Loan Fund, Mountainland Association of Governments
University of Utah, Economics, 2002
University of Oregon, J.D., 2005